Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter has definately arrived :)

Brrrr the last two days have been -10C plus some crazy windchills, so it feels like -20 to -25C .   The dogs however still need to be walked.   As a small bonus for me, Ive found that these freezing days can make for some good shots, providing the camera doesn't freeze lol.   Today was one of those good days.  For the first time ever,  I saw two hawks together in a tree and luckily the battery held out long enought to get a few shots off. 













I would have loved to get a bit closer for that last shot, which was taken at maximum zoom from about 250 yards away.  Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion below.  Or if you would like to name a photo or add a caption .. please comment or email me . richsgoodfood@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. My Fave shots are 4 and 6! Absolutely Breathtaking! All I kept saying was WOW !! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie, It was chilly , but fun.
    I have quite a few like #4, and a couple more of #6, Maybe Ill do a follow up tomrrow , or post them on my FB photo page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is for #6! It is frame ready!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) I was just looking at the orginals, both of them are untouched :) Not even a crop required. I had to crop a few of the other ones, due to snow on the camera lense lol. Strangely it turns up as a black spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    This is my referral code to join Megashot.net. If you use this code I will notice when you have registered.
    http://megashot.net/mega/registration.php?ref=6uww

    Registration of your account is free at the moment.

    I really like your snow photos composition. With a little cropping there are a couple of good 'abstracts' for our Abstracts community. And your dogs would be more than welcome in other communities for pets. :-)

    I know you will love it. Come have a look around. We have contests with prizes, every month in the 'official contests catagories. All of the catagories in the contests run 24/7. There is customization of your own page.. and much much more.
    Cheers
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Maggie, I have just joined. Ill have a better look around later , and upload a few photos.
    LOL editing is something I had been resisting .. but Im getting better at it.
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Lynda, the composition, striking contrast, and perfect alignment makes for a ready to be framed and hung photo. Or, perhaps this should also be published? :D Love the dogs - I always love dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lindy :) I didnt think that much of it when i posted it (#6), but its kind of grown on me. I have several from that same spot , every one is completely different, its a pretty cool spot.

    ReplyDelete